Fredric Mark “Ric” Edelman, the chairman and co-founder of Edelman Financial Services recently hosted a Blockchain and CryptoAsset event at the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City. The pre-event was attended by at least 155 top financial advisors and influencers from the United States dealing in various niches in the digital asset space.
According to a survey conducted at the event, 96% of the total attendees had a negative view of the crypto assets, but after the commencement of the event, at least 89% saw their views getting changed to favorable towards the crypto asset class.
The event hosted by The Advisor Blockchain and Crpyoassets Council was 5-hour long programme educating the audience on various aspects of blockchain and cryptocurrencies. The event also provided the attendees with financial advisors Continuing Education Credits to help the attendees get a broader understanding of the crypto assets and how it would impact the future of finances.
The event was sponsored by Kingdom Trust, Bitwise Investments, Blockforce Capital, Fidelity Digital Assets, Grayscale Investments, Orion Advisor Services, Pantera Capital, State Street Global Advisors, and Van Eck.
The Outcome of the Event Was Quite Impactful
The event was graced by top financial experts and advisors related to the digital asset space. At the start of the event, a majority of them have either never heard of crypto assets or did not hold a positive outlook towards the impact of crypto assets. However, after the event commenced, the perception changed quite dramatically.
Here are a few details and stats on how the event was impactful and also helped the attendees to expand their knowledge and understanding of the subject.
- Out of the total 155 attendees, 80% of them said that they know little to nothing about the blockchain and crypto assets.
- 92% of them agreed that they failed to explain about cryptocurrencies to their clients.
- 84% of the attendees had never owned a cryptocurrency.
- 44% of them thought that Bitcoin is just a speculation and not a practical asset of investment.
However, the stats were quite different after the event was over
- 89% of the attendees agreed that they have a more positive outlook towards the crypto assets
- 89% realized that Bitcoin is a practical form of investment and not just another speculation.
- 82% confirmed that they are now looking to buy crypto, while 71% also raised their prediction for future Bitcoin prices.
- 91% said that they would stop discouraging their clients from buying cryptocurrencies.
Edman was quite elated over the influence of his event and concluded,
“This remarkable turnaround in attitude by these top financial advisors demonstrates the urgency of teaching advisors about this important emerging asset class. Advisors who can’t answer their clients’ questions about bitcoin will lose credibility with their clients, and they may end up losing the clients.”